The RENNtech R3 Performance Package is the evolution stage of the R2 Pkg. Included in the R3 Package are all upgrades from the R2 Pkg, ECU Upgrade, Diverter Valve, Air Filters, Carbon Fiber Air Box Kit and Stainless Steel Sport Mufflers, as well as upgraded Turbocharger.
With the upgraded Turbochargers included in the R3 Performance upgrade, RENNtech is able to add up to 186 HP and 242 LB-FT to the 5.5L V8 BiTurbo engine (compared to RENNtech rated stock performance). The addition of the upgraded diverter valve helps the engine to handle boost spikes in high boost pressure applications better. A surplus of boost will be released to the atmosphere and the turbocharger can be supplied with air quicker after the shifting process. This helps to eliminate the 'Turbo Lag'. The RENNtech 4-piece air box kit is made out of the highest quality pre-peg carbon fiber. The kit comes complete with flow optimized turbo tubes to increase the volume of incoming airflow. Our Stainless Steel Sport Mufflers are hand crafted and 100% desgined and produced at the Stuart, Florida Headquarters. Made out of T-304 stainless steel (SS) with 2 3/4" tubing, they offer lighter weight and improve performance by reducing back pressure, increasing exhaust gas flow and cylinder scavenging.
RENNtech upgraded turbochargers are equiped with lightweight forged billet wheels and feature a dramatically larger than stock impeller (inlet side) and an increase in the turbine trim (exhaust side). This combination of high quality, light weight components coupled with less rolling resistance from the ball bearing cartridge compensates for turbo lag despite being a functionally larger turbo. The cartridge supporting shaft is also both larger and stronger designed to handle the larger wheels and added power. This entire cartridge is then fine balanced as a complete assembly to compensate for these increases. The impeller and turbine housings are then precision CNC machined and flow tested in-house to fit the larger internal cartridge
The R3 performance package increases performance to 760 hp and 865 lb-ft at the crank, without sacrificing daily driver comfort or reliability and offer huge gains across the entire RPM range.
We highly recommend higher flowing direct injection (high pressure) fuel pumps, to assure continues fuel flow in high performance applications.
Due to increased power and boost levels, 93 Octane or higher gasoline has to be used with R2 upgraded RENNtech vehicles to avoid damage to the engine. States known for poor fuel quality have to be supplied with a lower power setup. Please call for details and Race Fuel options.
R3 Performance Package includes:
- RENNtech ECU Upgrade
- RENNtech 3rd Gen. Diverter Valve
- BMC High-Flow Air Filters
- RENNtech Turbocharger Upgrade
- The R3 Pkg requires an additional core charge, which will be credited upon return of the OEM tubo cores and OEM turbo pipes to RENNtech. The pipes have to be returned in good condition. Deep scratches and dents will void the credit.
- The Carbon Fiber air box for the M157 requires modification to the OEM engine cover.
- Installation of higher flowing performance direct injection (high pressure) fuel pumps is highly recommend.
- We have found the M157 engine stock performance numbers vary from the baseline figures claimed by Mercedes Benz. We typically see higher baseline numbers than claimed by the factory.
- Power gains are calculated based on stock numbers measured by RENNtech.
- Crank Performance Numbers are calculated with a 18% Drivetrain loss on SUVs.
- Our numbers will be dependend on conditions and fuel quality. 93+ Octane gasoline is mandatory with this Performance Package.
- States known for poor fuel quality have to be supplied with a lower power setup. Please call for details and Race fuel options +1-561-845-7888.
Performance Numbers Overview
GL63 AMG (X166 | SUV | MY2013-15 | 4MATIC | M157 | 5.5L V8 BiTurbo) Stock Performance (at crank):
GL63 AMG (X166 | SUV | MY2013-15 | 4MATIC | M157 | 5.5L V8 BiTurbo) Modified Performance (at crank):