The RENNtech R2 Performance Package is the evolution stage of the R1 Pkg. The R2 not only brings additional power, but also gives the car a deeper sport sound that keeps with character of a luxury performance vehicle. Included in the R2 Package are all upgrades from the R1 Pkg, ECU Upgrade, Diverter Valve and Air Filters, as well as the Carbon Fiber Air Box Kit and Stainless Steel Sport Mufflers.
With the R2 Performance upgrade, RENNtech is able to add up to 111 HP and 147 LB-FT to the 5.5L V8 BiTurbo engine (compared to RENNtech rated stock performance). The addition of the upgraded diverter valve helps the engine to handle boost spikes in high boost pressure applications better. A surplus of boost will be released to the atmosphere and the turbocharger can be supplied with air quicker after the shifting process. This helps to eliminate the 'Turbo Lag'. The RENNtech 4-piece air box kit is made out of the highest quality pre-peg carbon fiber. The kit comes complete with flow optimized turbo tubes to increase the volume of incoming airflow. Our Stainless Steel Sport Mufflers are hand crafted and 100% desgined and produced at the Stuart, Florida Headquarters. Made out of T-304 stainless steel (SS) with 2 3/4" tubing, they offer lighter weight and improve performance by reducing back pressure, increasing exhaust gas flow and cylinder scavenging.
The R2 performance package increases performance to 716 hp and 826 lb-ft without sacrificing daily driver comfort or reliability and offer huge gains across the entire RPM range.
Due to increased power and boost levels, 93 Octane or higher gasoline has to be used with R2 upgraded RENNtech vehicles to avoid damage to the engine. States known for poor fuel quality have to be supplied with a lower power setup. Please call for details and Race Fuel options.
R2 Performance Package includes:
- RENNtech ECU Upgrade
- RENNtech 3rd Gen. Diverter Valve
- BMC High-Flow Air Filters
- Carbon Fiber Air Box
- Stainless Steel Sport Muffler
- The R2 Pkg requires an additional core charge, which will be credited upon return of OEM turbo pipes to RENNtech. The pipes have to be returned in good condition. Deep scratches and dents will void the credit.
- The Carbon Fiber air box for the M157 requires modification to the OEM engine cover.
- We have found the M157 engine stock performance numbers vary from the baseline figures claimed by Mercedes Benz. We typically see higher baseline numbers than claimed by the factory.
- Power gains are calculated based on stock numbers measured by RENNtech.
- Crank Performance Numbers are calculated with a 17% Drivetrain loss on 4MATIC vehicles.
- Our numbers will be dependend on conditions and fuel quality. 93+ Octane gasoline is mandatory with this Performance Package.
- States known for poor fuel quality have to be supplied with a lower power setup. Please call for details and Race fuel options +1-561-845-7888.
Performance Numbers Overview
S 63 AMG (C217 | Coupe | MY2015+ | 4MATIC | M157 | 5.5L V8 BiTurbo) Stock Performance (at crank):
S 63 AMG (C217 | Coupe | MY2015+ | 4MATIC | M157 | 5.5L V8 BiTurbo) Modified Performance (at crank):