RENNtech proprietary aerodynamic upgrades for the Mercedes Benz SLS!
Our carbon fiber front splitter integrates flawlessly with the original lines of the vehicle while boosting the overall testosterone level of the sporty SLS.
RENNtech’s one piece front splitter flows seamlessly into the front apron and is a simple, bolt on component which improves vehicle aesthetics and increases front end down force. All this while still maintaining the same approach angle as the OE front fascia so the RENNtech splitter retains the same clearance for parking stops and steep driveways.
This piece was designed and engineered in house by RENNtech and is a fully functional component which functions in complete harmony with our complementary rear diffuser.
- 197 - SLS AMG
- 197 - SLS AMG GT
- What exactly is prepreg carbon fiber?
- Prepreg is widely known as the finest process in carbon fiber manufacturing and has been used for aerospace and military applications because of its superior consistency in weight, thickness, fitment, resin, carbon layout, and overall quality.
- The pre-impregnated (prepreg) fiber method creates stiffer, stronger laminates with controllable, predictable results and the result is a consistent, tight fiber weave which not only looks amazing, but adds strength. Other companies use a lower cost, wet-layup method which results in components of inferior, strength, appearance and overall quality.
- To explain this process in short, the fiber is pre-impregnated (hence the name) with resin at a production facility, rolled on spools, and frozen to prevent the resin from curing prematurely. This material is than cut and hand laid into a mold to the proper thickness and cured at strictly controlled temperatures. This process creates a laminate with a precisely controlled resin volume and in turn is 20-30% stiffer and stronger than an equivalent thickness wet laminate process.
- This ensures our customers receive components which not only look good on the vehicle standing still, but won’t crack, warp, fall off or fade when mounted to the exterior of their vehicle after six months or while driving at high speed.