This RENNtech rear diffuser creates an all new aggressive and functional aesthetic for the rear of the 212 - E63 sedan. The design and engineering teams at RENNtech HQ spent countless hours fine tuning the part to perfectly compliment the E63 exterior while improving the underbody airflow. There are five separate parts constructed from 100% pre-preg carbon fiber that make up the diffuser assembly; the upper brow, the lower diffuser panel, and three individual diffuser blade elements. This complex part break up opened up the overall design flexibility and allows for much easier serviceability for the end user.
The diffuser assembly also features a unique acrylic coating process which protects the carbon fiber from any harmful UV and humidity degradation. This acrylic coating is applied inside and out to ensure full coverage and protection, unlike any other coating process. Once the acrylic coating is cured, the part is then covered using a high end automotive clear coat to create a beautiful gloss finish.
RENNtech also developed all new CMC (Ceramic Matrix Composite) exhaust tips specifically for this rear diffuser. This particular material and manufacturing process has been utilized in Formula 1, Le Mans, and various aerospace programs. CMC is known for its superior strength and lightweight qualities, as well as resistance to extreme heat applications. The material is cured at an astounding 2500 degrees Fahrenheit. Therefore, heat from your exhaust will never effect these beautifully tailored blow through exhaust tips.
This rear diffuser and exhaust tip assembly is designed to fit the 212 - E63 facelift sedan model from 2014 and up.
- In order to receive the diffuser with all exhaust tips and brackets pre-assembled, an additional charge of $480 is required at time of purchase.
- This service will reduce the overall diffuser installation time by an estimated 4 hours.
- To install this diffuser on the W212 - E 63 AMG Sedan MY 2014+, modifications and trimming of the OEM bumper and bumper-support are required. Please call +561-845-7888 or e-mail email@example.com for detailed information.
This kit includes:
- x1 carbon fiber diffuser
- x1 carbon fiber tow hook door insert
- x4 cmc exhaust tips
What exactly is prepreg carbon fiber?
- Prepreg is widely known as the finest process in carbon fiber manufacturing and has been used for aerospace and military applications because of its superior consistency in weight, thickness, fitment, resin, carbon layout, and overall quality.
- The pre-impregnated (prepreg) fiber method creates stiffer, stronger laminates with controllable, predictable results and the result is a consistent, tight fiber weave which not only looks amazing, but adds strength. Other companies use a lower cost, wet-layup method which results in components of inferior, strength, appearance and overall quality.
- To explain this process in short, the fiber is pre-impregnated (hence the name) with resin at a production facility, rolled on spools, and frozen to prevent the resin from curing prematurely. This material is than cut and hand laid into a mold to the proper thickness and cured at strictly controlled temperatures. This process creates a laminate with a precisely controlled resin volume and in turn is 20-30% stiffer and stronger than an equivalent thickness wet laminate process.
- This ensures our customers receive components which not only look good on the vehicle standing still, but won’t crack, warp, fall off or fade when mounted to the exterior of their vehicle after six months or while driving at high speed.